The fear of upcoming Google algorithm update surmounts all websites and business owners as it is expected to bring crucial change in search results. If Google panda impacts 12% and Penguin 4%, then this is likely to influence 40% mobile search results. You can estimate the impact based on two crucial ranking signals added to algorithm by the search giant:
- Mobile friendliness is a ranking signal.
- Content of indexed app is ranking factor (For users who have installed the app and are signed-in).
Since mobile friendliness is going to be a crucial dynamic of Google search results, the responsive websites and mobile apps will have the edge on non-mobile-friendly sites and apps. The mobile-friendly ranking algorithm is going to be released on April 21, 2015 and will globally affect the mobile searches in all languages.
Buckle up for April 21, if you target mobile & smartphone users
Get ready to witness a drop in mobile traffic that you are enjoying without a responsive web design as only mobile friendly sites could be ranked in Google mobile search results. The search engine rankings will not remain same for mobiles and all modern devices soon. Your competitors who have a mobile friendly website will soon steal the current mobile traffic easily even if they rank lower than you today.
As per Cisco’s statistics, global mobile data traffic has grown 69 percent and almost 497 million mobiles have been added in 2014, which simply means that no business can afford to ignore mobile SEO whether it is an online store, a local seller or a small business website.
Prepare for Google’s Mobile Friendly Algorithm
- First of all do a website analysis and evaluate risk in advance.
- Ask your internet marketing analysts to ascertain your current mobile traffic.
- Since it’s not going to be a site-wide penalty, you can treat the most important pages first and make them mobile friendly. It may not be possible for you to get your complete website suitably responsive in such a short span. So, better idea is to redesign the more important pages and optimize the rest of it for mobile searches.
You can consult FATbit, for taking any further advice on Google’s upcoming mobile algorithm. Get customized report and know the actual risk that surrounds your online presence to discover the best defense.
Learn to make your website rank high despite recurring Google updates. Leave your queries for our website design and internet marketing experts.