Following a customer driven strategy is important if you plan to invest online. Scattered business approach can ruin growth prospects thereby slowing down your overall development process. Moreover, your half of marketing troubles can come to an end if you focus on few tactics instead of doing everything aimlessly. Each internet marketing activity has a certain scope, benefit and limitation, so employ them with a set goal to earn desired benefits. Follow our 3-step methodology to ensure continuous traffic and revenue generation.
Attract, Engage & Convert
To Bring Traffic & Sales to your Website
Internet marketing has taken a new turn after latest Google updates and has become more challenging for all businesses, especially the newbies. You cannot choose to ignore Google search engine as it’s the biggest source of traffic. So first of all divide your internet marketing plan into these three stages & follow experts’ suggestions in each phase to grow a business online.
Grab Attention of your Target Customers
Trying to increase more Clicks & Conversions? Remember that the users have become choosy and demanding. They expect maximum comfort in minimum time. They won’t take the trouble to find you or choose you over other established businesses. You will have to market your website as per target customer behavior and online trends.
The biggest mistake startups as well as established businesses commit is to waste a lot of time and money on unplanned actions and timeworn techniques. Online marketing activities are same as that of old times but their approach has changed. You have to be innovative and goal focused while employing the new internet marketing strategies to attract visitors. The most challenging thing meanwhile for a business is to find the shortest possible way to reach target customers. To make this simpler, start with following actions:
Search Engine Optimization
Search engines view various things while judging the website value like popularity, relevancy and trustworthiness etc. Not just the links and content but the overall domain authority is responsible for your search engine rankings. So, do it this way:
- Do website analysis first and try to know whether your site meets Google quality guidelines. Many website owners hire an agency with a motive of ranking higher in search results but don’t even come close to expected positions. This happens when you start optimization without fixing the errors in your site.
- Research your target audience and plan your target resources accordingly. If you are catering to local buyers then invest in local SEO and if you plan to serve to wider audience then focus on all areas.
- Target relevant keywords to earn benefit of the received traffic. Most of the times, sites manage to get high rankings but fail to increase relevant traffic and makes no profits mostly due to wrong keyword targeting.
- You can make a small business successful within few days of its launch if you know very well who all you want to come across (the target audience) and where you can find them. SEO is one of the most important ways to get through this. But, it will help you only if you do goal focused planning that abides by Google guidelines.
Social Media Marketing
Social media networks in present age are not just for branding but to attract traffic and convert buyers. Most of online startups focus on this area as it plays huge role in updating your target customer and followers about your product/services, offers and other activities.
For your branding and popularity social media presence is a must. You can use these networks to target niche as per your business category.
- Interact with your target audience through different social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, tumblr, Instagram. The impression you create through social media networks eventually helps in converting potential buyers into loyal customers.
- Run tailor-made campaigns to get social traffic through Twitter targeted ads, promoted links of Facebook, G+ Local and Pinterest Promoted Pins to attract visitors. These advertising tools are good enough to give a kickstart to a new business.
Recommended post: 6 Social Media Tips for eRetailers to Offer Customer Services in 2015
Brand Reputation Building
No marketing tips can save your business until you have a positive name. If you are a new business then probably people would like to know more about you before trusting you. The first thing majority of online users do before buying anything online is to check the reviews, feedbacks or any kind of mention related to a business.
New businesses need to add positive content online defining their goals and distinct qualities so that the users can identify you as trusted seller.
Get Personalized Action Plan to Attract your Target Customers
Attracting visitors is the first step of online marketing. To get maximum benefit of the total clicks & visits received every day, you require engaging users to make them stay. User engagement requires actionable techniques that let your target visitors learn more about you thereby giving you the opportunity to convince them.
Learn how visitors can be engaged online in our next part of this Internet Marketing Guide.