Having a website & still searching for customers? That’s a common trouble that businesses face due to complex Online shopping behavior. We call the shopping behavior complex not because of the regular factors (age, income or gender)that influence buying decisions but due to intricacies of online marketing. Read ahead why & how shoppers decide to buy online.
How can you Sell without knowing where Customers are Searching for you?
You might have created a wonderful platform but still be searching for potential customers. That’s not because you lack a platform to meet buyers but your target audience chooses a different channel for online purchase.
You will certainly lose potential visitors, if you are not available in their search path. A recent study shows:
- Google is the top source of search for auto parts, electronics, furniture, office supplies, sports goods & toys. If you are selling something similar then invest in search engine optimization for finding potential buyers.
Don’t waste your time! Show your business in Google Search to pull shoppers
- Second fact revealed in the report is that social media comes under last 2 sources that people check before buying. However, 15% times customers turn to social networks for a purchase.
- For products like clothing & subscription services people prefer using retail websites first & then turn to Google or in-store solutions. So, for improving your eCommerce sales in similar business, you must focus on brand building & online popularity.
Exploring consumers’ online behavior is therefore very important for selling your products & services online. To increase sales, you need to work on your business model & plan things according to target audience. It applies to each stage of business, whether you are developing a website or marketing it.
Facts related to Online Consumer Behavior
- 88% users look for deals & discounts before shopping online.
- 2 out of 5 buy through tablets.
- In-Store smartphone purchase is trending high as 45% (18-29yrs) use smartphone in-store to check prices online and compare.
- For product like groceries, home improvement & pet supplies, in-stores are the first places that customers search for.
- Omni channel retailing is important for improving conversion rate.
eCommerce Experts suggest you to pitch sales through all possible channels. Current online shoppers look for fastest solutions, so reduce the conversion timeframe for attracting sales. Exploit appropriate channels to follow customers’ path of purchase & reach them in time.
For any other suggestions or queries, leave your comments below.