Are you planning to start your own online business in 2015? Check out these top 10 new online business ideas for 2015.
Some rules to jot down before we even tell you the most awesome online business ideas:
The dot com ecosystem is not the same anymore, neither is the concept of entrepreneurship. There has been a radical shift over the years and becoming a cash cow isn’t all that hard, thanks to the over brimming internet age we live in. If you are self driven and really hell bent on having your own firm, put in some hours, learn where the ropes meet, bootstrap your business, and set you go! The world is going wireless and we are in great times where web offers tremendous space to explore, innovate and Mash.
If you have some unique and twisted tech idea that can make people go gaga over what’s cooking in your cyber zone, half your battle is won, but if not, remember you must create a very researched map about your strengths, like which cyber channels suit your vision and which business model you can plan on following. Don’t just jump in joy with the idea of becoming an entrepreneur, directing a business upwards comes with time, experience, and skill set. Do your homework well and then nail your dreams!
- Pre packaged plans/programs must be tweaked really well. They work great when they are customized greatly with some cut throat agility. Also, remember techniques that work for one niche might vary for the other.
- Ok, so we know you want to get rick quickly, but don’t just fall for any scheme or system that promises easy money from peanuts. Trust us, there’s no way you can smell dollars so quick without giving in massive amount of initial man hours, and integrated research.
- Learn tremendously about social media, HTML, SEO, website marketing, traditional marketing, and online bidding platforms/sales/business development.
- Draw out your target audience and adhere to catering the best solutions
It’s not rocket science to make a kickass online business mint magic moolah, but you got to align your business objectives with latest concepts, out of the box thinking and a lot of self drive.
So here are some great online business ideas that you can pen down and put on your wish list of online entrepreneurship:
- Online marketing – This comes religiously from our end, online marketing no doubt is the most happening businesses of the online zone, only if you know the tricks of the trade well, really well. A treasure trove lies hidden here. An SEO/SEM expert, who is accountable for marketing a Website, can promote it in various ways. These entail article marketing, writing press releases, forum posting, blog posting, submitting your site to directories and search engines, social bookmarking, etc. Most companies outsource and pay you to conduct the SEM for them. Trends in online marketing such as infographics, parallax design, uber efficient cloud based tools, retargeting techniques such as Google Remarketing, Adroll, search, social and PR collide, the multi screen world, the Hispanics and the like are indicators of growth in the future as well, and that too massively.
- Buy/Sell Domains – Well, if you think this sounds so easy and sassy, it isn’t. Of course it is an exciting avenue to try as an online business model, but it takes a lot to study and well equipped skill set to make it big. If you have a knack of selling, buy domains at their registration prices or at a lesser cost and trade them at a profit. Always research on sites such as http://www.afternic.com/ or other domain auction sites to get an estimate of the hottest selling names. The best way to find good ones is to use terminated domain lists, which contain several expired names that are back in the pool. Trends such as 4 letter numeric domains, marijuana domains, productdomains.org are making it a hopeful industry to rely upon.
- Paid Writing – Write an eBook, become a copy editor, guest writer or just formulate articles for other blogs or sites. Microstories, community driven content, more social media, employee branding, predictive analytics are some hush hush trends that are confirming its stay for long.
- Stock Photos/Selling Photos – Do you see life through your camera lens? Well, this one’s the perfect way to take your passion to the next level. There are many companies who require stock photographs, or collection of images.
Many stock photo agencies offer great incentives to people who are good with their camera and can offer them a huge reserve of efficient photographs. Themes such as green, nostalgic and geometric, trends such as macro, global and minimalism, keywords such as retro, vintage, hipster, tattoo, stop motion, action POV, slow motion, 3D are all upcoming trends that are alluring budding photographers to reign the online zone.
- Application building – Smartphpone market has exorbitantly explored in recent times and with that fact, let’s also deal with a truth that apps are the next big thing in the market. There are over 3 million apps for the iPhone and over a million apps in Google’s Android market. Most of these are selling like hot cakes. Developing and selling apps is yet another very lucrative pie of the entire online realm. There are high profit margins, since if you have the right amount of skills, developing them will virtually cost nothing and entail no shipping or storage costs. www.fatbit.com is one of the best apps development companies you can take cues from. Trends such as location based services, social networking, mobile commerce, mobile payment, context aware services, object recognition, mobile email, and mobile video are ensuring this business idea could be the real big thing for nex gen.
- Online presentation creation service – If you think you are unmatched at research and visual arts are your strength, this one’s your suit. Learn the fundamentals of manipulating presentations and you could be making some maniac money just through creating presentations online, from the comfort of your homes.Since majority of media/information consumption is screen based, migration from traditional to digital, agile iterations, splicing of technology are all reasons why this business idea looks good for a long time.
- Motivational coach/CXO coach/Relationship expert – Online coaching is again one of the best online pursuits you can opt for. Videos, quotes and expert advices are always taken well in times when life’s getting complicated and people are curious to find out instant solutions to their worries.
- Online recruiting – Collaborate with some of the best companies or brands online and perform hiring for them. You get your commission once a hiring freezes. So basically you can search for the right candidate on the move with your laptop and net access. Preferred skills are networking, relationship building, profiling and sales. Mobile and social media marketing are being collaborated, and these are some strategies and trends that are following suit are content strategy that includes targeted status updates to show thought leadership in specific areas and feature online content in context for the organization, sharing jobs in context with content across the social web and targeting the right followers/fans and being active on three or more social platforms.
- Local travel guide for international travellers – Ok so how much do you love to travel or knowing about new places and their backgrounds? Use all your know how of a place by becoming a trip advisor or online travel guide to foreign clients.
You represent your country by leveraging the power of web and finally end up making some really cool dollars. People are travelling more, mobile explosion is here, online reviews and travel advice has risen over the years, badges and the like are some trends that assure this avenue has a bright future.
- Online Teaching courses – You just need to be good, really good and well informed at your subject while being equally passionate to teach online. You can create instructional packets, content buckets and download videos or make presentations, conduct webinars/lectures and schedule real time lessons on the subject you wish to train upon.
eTeaching is one of the best earning tickets for you online. MOOCs in traditional education, certification programs, social media summits, digital public library, online tutoring programs are some of the latest trends that define it’s going to stay for quite a while.
It is a RIPE time for all aspiring small start ups to get on their performance boots and execute the very best they have to conquer the online space.
If you have more online business ideas for 2014 that deserve to be listed above, please feel free to share with us in the comment section!