What Will Be Trending in Social Marketing in 2014
Social media is a ‘given’ if you are a serious online merchant. And when we talk of social media, video marketing is one of the fastest and most valuable assets companies are ready to bet on. After all, social media marketing must be a profitable transition from likes and clicks to cents and dollars, for everyone who insists on making it through the cut throat hallways of cyber space. Successful brands predominantly are always about great conversations, and creating an impact on heart, mind and actions of the connected user. Video marketing, hence is bold, glamorous and evolving to be a premium form of advertising for building businesses.
Consider these market stats:
- In the UK itself, online video advertising grew in 2012 by a market beating 46% to reach £160 million (IAB / PwC Online AdSpend Study). Now, online video advertising sits at roughly a third of the value of cinema advertising in the UK and all indicators point to a continued explosion in growth. Very quickly, we’ll witness online video advertising become the biggest audio visual advertising channel, second only to broadcast. Indeed, 11 per cent of buyers are now allocated more than £100,000 for each of their online video campaigns.
- Recent research from Cisco Systems reveals that online video currently represents 40% of all current consumer internet traffic. Cisco assesses that this will increase to 62% by 2015. YouTube recently announced it now receives 3 BILLION views per day. According to http://www.comscore.com, there has been a 66% increase in the past year of end-consumers viewing video marketing content on mobile platforms across the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
Let’s look at some benefits that advocate video marketing’s prominent significance:
- When you show instead of telling, it creates more conviction
- Search engines blush looking at videos, they love them as much as we do, if well syndicated, hence you gain rankings as well
- You spread passive knowledge
- Inexpensive marketing channel while keeping up with technology
- Targeted training
- You can gain a level of trust and also a different audience altogether
Some myths– Video Marketing
- It has to be in tune with Hollywood standards
- It’s expensive
- Nobody will watch it
Great tips for greater video marketing – Lights, Camera, Customers
- Understand the strategic purpose of your video marketing and the video itself
- Understand the expectation of a viewer and accordingly build the idea of a story arc, beginning, middle and end
- Take care of the length, some of the best videos aren’t more than 3 minutes, provided if longer, they are capable of intriguing for long enough
- Audio, editing, graphics, lighting, trackability and shareability are significant parameters to delve upon while making videos
If you have an online business and want it to trend on web, get in touch with FATbit experts for free online business advice. hurry up 🙂