Multi-vendor ecommerce website is a common marketplace for different vendors who want to sell their products online but do not have a website of their own. By paying an amount lesser than the actual cost of web development, they get to sell their goods on a vast platform. It attracts attention of many small scale businesses that do not want to spend time or money on creating a separate store and look for a ready to use platform instead.
To attract those sellers, your multi-vendor store must have following features:
Secure platform– Security guarantees vendors’ trusts of in your website. To attain this, you must:
- Avoid use of open source platforms
- Add layers of protection
- Have Partly encrypted code for saving from hacking
Multi-vendor control– Merchants must have equal control to manage their business. They should be given control on price, delivery time, modes of shipping & other details. For this, a Multi-vendor eCommerce system must offer
- Control to manage individual inventory
- Automatic split of orders and payment to respective accounts of seller
- Control over content updates related to product change, COD, discounts and shipping etc.
Automated tasking– Multi-vendor ecommerce involves many tasks that can wear out the customers if done manually, like sorting products or calculating shipping cost. So, it needs technology that can automate such tasks. It must give:
- Real time calculation of shipping cost, sales or any other tax information.
- Automatic consolidation of sales data on supplier’s dashboard after every new order placed by the customers.
Robust Reporting– With all the data and graphs that are generated at the backend, vendors can assess their sales trends and promote his businesses accordingly. Hence a robust reporting system is the necessity that you cannot miss to fulfill. Your store should offer:
- Instant track of sales & abandoned carts
- Data related to the highest sold products
- Information that helps in making forecasts like last 5 orders, top search items etc.
SEO friendly CMS– Being on web, it is important to be visible to Google search engine so that no sales get dropped due to low visibility or poor web presence. An SEO friendly CMS makes the products pages crawlable and receive more traffic. It involves:
- Optimized title tags, Meta description and images.
- Well organized content structure that can be edited easily
- Automatically generation of sitemap .xml
A multi-vendor platform with all these features acts as an easy ecommerce solution for retailers who want to find a readily available store to sell their products. They find it the best option to invest because it saves them from the cost & pain of developing a new store. But to make sure that they chose you over other multi-vendor store owners, you need to offer the functionality that they look for.
Check our more other features of YoKart Multivendor eCommerce System